Planned Giving & Endowment Services
Development of a broad-based Endowment and Planned Giving campaign.
- Setting goals and a calendar of tasks
- Developing product and obtaining permits and registrations
- Marketing the program
Planning and producing prospect and professional advisor seminars.
- Meetings in public facilities and parlor meetings
- Building continuing education credit meetings for professionals
- Visiting law and accounting firms for educational presentations
Development and implementation of planned giving administrative systems.
- Designing systems or coordinating planned giving payout and accounting systems with the finance systems already in place
- Establishing an effective donor recognition and gift acknowledgment program
- Making financial systems responsive to state and IRS regulations
Identification and cultivation of prospective donors.
- Developing lists of known prospects and rating capacity
- Working one-to-one with prospects and/or their professional advisors
- Determining criteria for identifying unknown prospects through direct mail, print media, public meetings and ongoing events.
Drafting of planned giving instruments for review by prospects’ professional advisors.
- Serving as the principal resource for lawyers, accountants and financial planners who seek guidance and support in designing and preparing gift instruments
- Producing an inventory of gift instruments that will be proprietary to the program
- Reviewing instruments prepared by professional advisors for their clients that are intended to affect a planned gift for the organization.
Calculating the economic impact of planned gifts for prospects and their professional advisors.
- Providing written calculations of tax deductions, income tax implications, estate planning opportunities and anticipated economic results
- Serving as a resource to professional advisors seeking planned giving information and calculations for their clients.
Training and guidance of lay and professional leadership in identifying, cultivating and working with donors and their advisors.
- Assistance in evaluating proposed membership on a planned giving committee
- Ongoing training of committee members, Board members and certain staff professionals in the identification, cultivation and solicitation process
- Accompanying lay and professional leadership to meetings with prospects and their professional advisors and managing the solicitation.
Writing and designing planned giving collateral materials including brochures, articles and direct mail pieces.
- Developing a consistent theme for planned giving materials in light of ongoing marketing of the organization’s programs and community services.
- Coordinating all planned giving materials with the organization’s marketing efforts
- Preparing proprietary planned giving materials for the organization.
Closing planned gifts.
- Taking the cultivation and solicitation process to completed gifts
- Developing relationships with prospects/donors which will continue beyond the gift
Consultation in the investment of planned giving funds.
- Advising on asset allocation and tax management issues that affect the efficiency of planned gifts
- Advising on post-gift income tax implications to donors resulting from the form of investments
- Measuring time horizons, particularly with charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities to determine appropriate investment strategies
- Assistance in identifying appropriate investment manage